Thanks for visiting the virtual home of the Travelers Chorale (formerly known as
the Travelers Choral Club).
During your visit to our homepage, you'll be listening to our spirited rendition
of Hodie! Alleluia! (recorded December 2006 at the Bushnell Center for the
Performing Arts). We hope you enjoy our music and the many interesting features
of this website including:
The 100 insurance professionals who comprise the Travelers Chorale love to sing and our passion for music has found joyful expression in the performance of more than 175 memorable holiday and spring concerts during our 88-year history.
- upcoming concert information
- an historic concert program archive (including the Chorale's inaugural program published in December 1924)
- highlights from nearly nine decades of Chorale history
- downloadable audio and video concert recordings
- director and accompanist biographies
- concert photo albums (viewable as slide shows)
- and much more.
Admission to our concerts is always free and open to the public and there
is never a charge for parking. In lieu of performance admission charges, the
Chorale traditionally collects nonperishable food items from our audiences for
donation to local food banks. Over the years, your overwhelming generosity
has yielded tens of thousands of pounds of donations. Our foodbank partners
report that 40% of the beneficiaries have been Connecticut children.
And speaking of grand traditions, did you know the Travelers Chorale was founded in
1924 and is the oldest company-affiliated, eight-part choral group in America?
You may also be surprised to learn that our vocal ensemble has proudly performed on
the prestigious Bushnell Auditorium stage annually since its historic opening in 1930.
During our 89 years of singing and entertaining, the Travelers Chorale has:
We invite you to the 89th Annual Travelers Chorale Spring Concert on Thursday, May 16, 2013 in
2,800-seat Mortensen Hall at the Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts. Plan now to
join us for an entertaining evening of delightful vocal harmony featuring
inspirational music certain to set the stage for a joyous spring season.
- performed at a World's Fair
- entertained Governor Jodi Rell and the Connecticut public at the Governor's Executive Residence
- sang at the Opening Ceremonies of PGA Championship golf tournaments
- led thousands of downtown Hartford carolers in seasonal song at Hartford's Festival of Light
- broadcast Christmas carols on live commercial radio
- collected thousands of pounds of nonperishable food and countless toys at annual concerts in lieu
of admission to benefit those less fortunate in the Greater Hartford community
- received two official State of Connecticut Proclamations.